Tuesday, 11 November 2014

Singaporean Snapshots

I think it’s time for some visuals. 

First up, a visit to Daiso, the Japanese equivalent of the Pound Shop.  (Do any of you remember the segment in the Clive James Show a thousand years ago where he’d show a clip from Japanese tv?  This was the retail version of that.  Mad weird shit. And I can say that safe in the knowledge that I am not offensively stereotypying (well, not too offensively stereotyping) because my accompanying friend is half Japanese.  She walked around looking bemused and occasionally shaking her head in silenced shock. “Oh, my people...” she said, more than once.)  Suffice to say that we had a fabulous time, each spent $50, and left with truck-loads of weird, tacky, plastic tat.


Unsure what to get your chair for Christmas?  How about some socks?  (And if the chair in your life doesn’t like  brown socks, go back for more – they’re only $2 after all)


The instructions on this are brilliant.  A bit over the top, but some items might be dangerous, and really, should NOT be heedlessly swung around, only after confirmed the hook with stable condition etc.  Most of all, tho, please don’t use it for any other purpose.  For your own sake.


Mind you, if you can think of any purpose for a chocolate scented soft strap animal (ANIMAL), I’d be interested to hear it.

 



We laughed our pants off at this.  In retrospect - perhaps not unlike the disposable men's pants I bought the Man (there goes his Santa Surprise) - you may have had to have been there. 

Next up!  A notice on the door of a cafe I sometimes bring the Baby to.  Although now I can’t bring her there any more, because God only knows what the staff are thinking when this ancient decrepit  silver-aged old crone shuffles in, with a 2 year old she’s pretending is hers.


Finally – one to top that delicious Tuna Croissant I hunted down a while back. 



Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Coming Soon:  the Boy causes consternation at school by using the word “Penis”.  Because, you know, there might be other 6 year olds there who don’t know the word. 

5 comments:

  1. NECKLING! I actually want one of those, might get rid of my neckling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need chair socks. And today I bought Fabuland Legos I didn't know I needed either from eBay. Shopping is hard this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the chair sock idea. I would totally buy them for my kitchen chairs which make so much noise when moved. I want a neckling too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was it the one in VivoCity? - I have fond memories of many cackling times in there! (although, their selection of net laundry bags for lingierie etc is fantastic!) - true stocking filler heaven.
    Have you tried floss toast yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great poost thanks

    ReplyDelete