Thursday, 29 October 2015

Stop F*cking Laughing

A lengthy absence, which I will explain once everyone has stopped being sick in relay formation, the never-ending school holidays are over, my neck has healed itself  (I had great hopes for today’s $150 massage, but no) and the various festivities, birthdays etc are a distant memory.
In the meantime, I invite you to gaze in wonder at the extraordinary feat of bakery magnificence which I made with my own fair hands to mark the Baby’s third birthday.  (We made the mistake of telling her it was her third birthday;  seventeen times a day she now asks me “When it is my first and my second birthday?” I suspect we don’t have a mathematician in the family.)  Anyway, I decided that THIS was the occasion on which I would finally ice and decorate a cake.  I thought it would be easy.  I mean, how hard can it be to draw the outline of a cat (YES, IT’S A CAT) on a cake? 



Seriously, stop fucking laughing.  (And to the parent who asked if the Baby had made it – NO, SHE DID NOT MAKE IT.  And to the Baby – NO, IT IS NOT AN OWL.)

3 comments:

  1. It is totally a cat. And good for you, making a real cake instead of buying one created by chemistry, stencils, and a poorly-paid "baker" with a head cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. Good job. Now, keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks way better than the last birthday cake I "decorated." I bet it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete