Monday, 11 January 2016

Let all the children boogie

It’s 1030pm, and if I’m ever going to stick to a New Year’s Resolution (old dog, new tricks etc)  I need to stop writing NOW and get my sorry ass to bed.  Except I wanted to vent and feel sorry for myself over the sorry state of my weekend (culminating in a dead car battery this morning when  I was already ten minutes late for school) – but then David Bowie died, and now everything else has fallen into insignificance.  (Even the Girl’s marathon vom-fest on Friday night, when she clocked up a wonderous 27 pukes in 11 hours.  Without complaining once.  I know!  Now we know what she’s good at. ) 
As Roddy Doyle so accurately put it:  “Dead?  How can Bowie be dead?  He was never alive like the rest of us.”  

RIP Starman.  Thanks for providing the soundtrack to my youth. 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete