My kids loved London but we live in Glasgow, which probably prepares them well :-) We did exactly what you suggested, except taking them to the V&A. I can also recommend the Imperial War Museum (always a winner, even with the girl and the pacifists) and food markets (free sampling). Hope Dublin is ok!
I was there when Thing 1 was only 2 years old and I was 7 months pregnant with Thing 2. I quickly discovered we'd all starve as a pub wouldn't serve me even a sandwich at noon because of some rule about under 18 years old not being allowed. We spent a lot of time at Diana's park and eating tiny muffins in the Executive lounge half the day. In other news, I arrived in Bulgaria yesterday where I will be living for 2 years and not understanding a single thing that's going on the whole time.
Hilarious, thank you! Having just spent 2 weeks in London and having moved from Singapore to the US a couple of years ago I can relate to it all :-) :-)
My kids loved London but we live in Glasgow, which probably prepares them well :-) We did exactly what you suggested, except taking them to the V&A. I can also recommend the Imperial War Museum (always a winner, even with the girl and the pacifists) and food markets (free sampling). Hope Dublin is ok!
ReplyDeleteP.S. New-ish to this blog, enjoying it a lot.
I was there when Thing 1 was only 2 years old and I was 7 months pregnant with Thing 2. I quickly discovered we'd all starve as a pub wouldn't serve me even a sandwich at noon because of some rule about under 18 years old not being allowed. We spent a lot of time at Diana's park and eating tiny muffins in the Executive lounge half the day. In other news, I arrived in Bulgaria yesterday where I will be living for 2 years and not understanding a single thing that's going on the whole time.
ReplyDeleteHilarious, thank you! Having just spent 2 weeks in London and having moved from Singapore to the US a couple of years ago I can relate to it all :-) :-)
ReplyDelete