Tuesday, 23 December 2014

Auto correct annoyances

Forgive me if I waffle on a bit tonight. I'm on g&t #2, the kids are asleep, and all around me are the sounds of Bali at night - geckos, frogs, mopeds, running water. Slight smell of cigarette smoke (just enough to make you think about taking it up) . In  a kitchen behind me somewhere some of our staff of 7 are coking my dinner. Life is good. (I spoke too soon- my brother in law just pointed out a bat in our living room.  Uuugh. We all know whose hair that will be in in a couple of hours.)
A monumental day in the household where laundry never stops - we took a plane, and a long car ride, and NOBODY vomited.  I sense a new horizon. (Can you sense a horizon? I can, but then again I'm on the gin.)
In other news I forgot to put out the kids' Santa presents before we left Singapore; not too enormous an oversight as long as I remember to get into the apartment before them when we get home and get it done. Otherwise all of my behaviour-related threats will have come true. ( How to fuck up your children #261).  I also forgot the baby's swim nappies, mozzie spray, and cash (oops on the the last one- sorry Man).   However, I did remember it bring the effing elf with me, but then completely forgot to unpack him when we got here, which negates my effort somewhat.
Right! Food is up. Also, writing on an iPad is an enormous pain.  (Next time I may not correct the auto-correct, just for the amusement factor.)
Tomorrow I hope to go Christmas shopping (somewhat running out of time - how did that happen?) and teach the Baby to swim.  Alternatively, none of the above.

2 comments:

  1. Even while on vacation! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had anyone coke up my dinner before. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete