Friday, 19 December 2014

Straight up, lots of ice.

No time today for anything other than a cursory online Hello.  Did I mention I’m a class parent?  (It was social poker;  requests for room parents went out and all the parents sat stony-faced, waiting for someone else to blink.  I blinked.)  Anyway, it’s not a huge deal except twice a year when all the elements converge and then it’s perfect storm-time.  Christmas is one of these times, when there are parties to organise , gifts to buy, emails to send etc. That all happened today, and there was a lot of running around.  (Also a smidgen of lying to parking guards to get access to the school car-park and quite a bit of barking at children.  Mine, I hasten to add.)
To illustrate the manicness of today, the kids’ tea comprised left-over sandwiches pilfered from the party, and hummus.  Hummus is a vegetable, right?
Today also comprised a futile work-out effort – I got there in time, but couldn’t find the damn people, so went for a half-assed run instead, while listening to Serial. (Serial.  Gah.  Where was the Big Reveal?  Much texting and swopping of theories with US Prosecutor friend today.  She thinks that Jay and Adnan were both involved, and I’m inclined to agree with her. Also – that note in the car?  A teeny footnote at the end of the entire show?  COME ON PEOPLE!)
Oh, and school holidays have begin.  To give me a tiny taster – a very non-amuse bouche – of  the next month, the children have literally been bouncing off the furniture and generally being unpleasant.  I actually sent the Boy out for a cycle in the dark to burn off some of the energy which was pinging off him and making the rest of us grit our teeth and reach for the vodka.

Speaking of which... 

2 comments:

  1. THANK YOU for posting each day this month. You are making a difference in a tough season for me this year. I don't blog ... but do know it must take significant time and energy to do what you are doing. It is appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Non-amuse bouche! Am stealing! And echo poster above (although I don't have a hard life in the slightest); I wake up every morning and force an eye open to read. This last week I've had to read aloud, because my husband wants to know what you've written, too. You're the very best type of Advent Calendar!

    ReplyDelete