Tuesday, 24 November 2015

Rose Tinted Shite

A quick one, as I’m racing out the door, and not a child in the house washed (or in bed.  They are, in fact, tormenting the poor cats with pieces of string to which they’ve attached lumps of salmon.  They call it “catting” – “It’s like fishing, but we’re trying to catch cats.”  Obviously.)
I opened some old file on my laptop today and discovered a heap of photos from my (very) old mobile phone (2 pixels, I thought it was AMAZING. In fact it was amazing at the time. It even had predictive text!)  Twenty minutes later I realised TO MY HORROR I had become One Of Those People I Always Sneer At. (The ones who say things like “cherish this special time”  and all you can think to say in response is Oh Fuck Off, Here, Take Them, but instead you nod and mutter something vaguely positive, or at least as positive as you can muster given that you’re contemplating sticking a fork in their eye)   Anyway.  I wasn’t quite that bad, but I did look back at what was, frankly, an EXHAUSTING time, with a newborn and a  1 year old, or a 1 year old and a 2 year old, etc etc, and think:  Aw.  Look.  They were SO SWEET. If only...

Thank God, then, for posts such as this, to remind me that they were NOT sweet, and there’s no If Only about it.  

7 comments:

  1. I remember when that post was new! I had only just found out that I was pregnant with my now 4 year old and it gave me a little pause. Now I have another baby who just turned 1 and our outings often go like this, almost exactly. I soldier on, full of optimism and they light it on fire and send us all running home again. Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good day! I could have sworn I’ve been to this site before but after looking at many of the articles I realized it’s new to me. Anyhow, I’m certainly happy I discovered it and I’ll be book-marking it and checking back often!
    نقل عفش
    Prokr.org
    شركات نقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة
    Prokr.com
    نقل عفش بالمدينة
    Albyaan.com
    شركة نقل عفش بالدمام
    Shoala.net

    ReplyDelete

  3. I like reading an article that can make people think. Also, many thanks for allowing me to comment!
    شركات النظافة بالسعودية


    prokr.org


    شركة تنظيف بالرياض


    prokr.com


    شركات التنظيف بالمدينة وينبع


    albyaan.com


    شركة تنظيف منازل بمكة


    fordaws.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete