Usually my posts are done on a laptop in Word, then hastily cut(ted) and pasted onto Blogger. Tonight's last-minute offering comes from my mobile phone in the back of a cab! Because it is Saturday night and I am Going Out.
(5 hours later)
I am home, and on my laptop. Phew. The normal order of things has been restored. How was I out for 5 hours? Because I discovered COCKTAIL BARS - quaint, cool, speak-easy-esque cocktail bars, which made me think of the East Village (minus the cool people, of course), where they asked you what type of drinks you liked and then made you a variation on them.
"What type of drink you like?"
"A sidecar please."
"So a drink like a sidecar""
"No, an actual sidecar, please."
They hate creatively-stunting people like me.
It was a great night, the type where you think "I'm going to do this every night, or at least twice a week", and then remember in the morning why you don't.
It is technically the morning. In that respect, I have failed in my Daily Blog mission. The cats are looking at me in a way which denotes pure scorn and disappointment; the sleeping Boy has just muttered that he loves me "with a deep regard"; the Baby is whimpering about "the sky". The other half of the house - the Man, the Girl and the Hamster (does he deserve capitalisation?) - is asleep. As should I be.
Night night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment