I discovered something pretty
amazing today: that having your iPhone
die on you for the third time in half a day while you are sitting BOREDOUTOFYOURMIND
waiting with your child for your child’s “enrichment” class* to start might actually be
a Good Thing. Because instead of fucking
around on FaceBook or reading the same article over and over again about how
Isis is NOT representative of all Muslims (no, really? And there I was thinking that 1.6 billion people wanted to gun
me down. If I was Muslim, I’d be pretty
pissed off by all these proclamations of The Bloody Obvious), I did
something I hadn’t done in ages: I
picked up a tennis ball and played catch with the Girl. She was fairly crap, truth be told, but it
was fun. I’ve sort of forgotten how to
have simple fun with the kids. I feel
like it needs to involve the beach or a pool (or a pool on the beach) or some
ludicrously expensive play area or having their friends around for movies and
popcorn and Godknows what else, when in fact – you just need a ball.
And a broken phone. Obviously.
(*I am turning Singaporean. 5 year olds need extra schooling, dammit.)
I think you have Daiso there (Japanese tat purveyors) 100¥ each for balloons and bubble mix has bought us so much entertainment. When I can prise the electronics away that is. Might have to pretend it's broken!
ReplyDeleteYour point is well-taken; however, at least here in the US, I'm getting the impression a lot of people do actually think Muslim=ISIS. Not that I'm sure they're reading the same articles you are and will therefore have a change of heart.
ReplyDelete