Wednesday, 3 December 2014

Day 2. (I am so unlikely to keep this up.)

I have promised a post a day, and so here I go.  (GAH.)

Today has been spent chasing my tail, as is the norm.  I spend so much time in my car that my arse is taking on the shape (and size) of my car seat.  All the while I am trying to ignore the now undisputable fact that I am sharing my travel space with dozens – if not hundreds – of critters.  (I moved a piece of paper on the dashboard today and appear to have broken up some sort of roach convention. ChristGod.)

Today’s To Do List included:
  • ·         Buy Printer Cartridges
  • ·         Print Christmas Letters
  • ·         Write Christmas Cards
  • ·         Post letters & Cards
  • ·         Buy Roach traps and spray
  • ·         Get car cleaned
  • ·         Spray car and lay traps

(Seriously – how glamorous is the expat lifestyle? )

I managed one  of those – tho not for lack of trying on my part.  (The most irritating thing about Singapore, as any expat will attest to, is the hassle-factor in getting simple mundane tasks done.  Want to buy ink cartridges?  Well that’ll take you several trips to all corners of the island, to be told, repeatedly, (a)yes, we have them;  (b) wait I’ll go and get them;  (c) oh no actually we don’t, sorry.)   Meanwhile, my arse is getting nice and squishy.

Today’s amusement factor was provided by the Girl, who was musing on the maternal status of our Helper.

Girl:  But she can’t have a son, she’s not married!

Me:  People can have children without being married.  

Girl:  Well where did she get the sperm?

Me:  I guess she had a boyfriend.

Girl: Oh.  And her boyfriend gave her one?

Me:  Yes.  Indeed he did.  

4 comments:

  1. Please keep it up! I don't comment often, but I check almost every day!
    "And her boyfriend gave her one"

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes please keep it up - love hearing what gems your kids come out with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pandan leaves for your car- cockroaches hate them..... Can get them at fair price...

    ReplyDelete