Friday, 5 December 2014

The Under-6s Lonely Hearts Club

A quick one. As well as feeling v uninspired, I have stuff to do. Grown up stuff! We are here:
(Insert photo here of swanky hotel overlooking the jungle/beach. Ignore the oil tankards in the background.*)
Because (a) it is nearly - NEARLY- my birthday, and (b) we got a free night's stay here through our ludicrously expensive credit card.  And the Man has just arrived in with this:
(Insert photo here of posh blingy champagne, the type which badass rappers - and elderly parents -drink.*)
So I clearly have important things to do. However, we are unable to leave the room (not that we're necessarily in any rush it do so) because I was in charge of packing for both of us for the night, and forgot to bring the Man's clothes.  I am feeling slightly abashed; however as I explained to him, how could I have been expected to remember such ludicrous things as clothes when the kids were crawling all over me, whining and whining about how I am ALWAYS leaving them, and why can't they come too, and will I ever be coming home? (No.) The Boy was particularly anxious, given as he is it fretting about the worst case scenario, which today is that he never finds anyone to marry. (Me:' I really don't think you need to worry about that now.' Him: 'WHY NOT? What if nobody ever loves me, then what? And anyway, how can you be sure that you'll ever even meet someone, and what if they love me but i don't love them back? Huh? THEN WHAT??')

Important questions, and one I am going to ponder while I neck blingy champagne, and make fun of the Man doing the same in his boxers.

(*Cannot get my phone or the iPad to cooperate with the photos. Sorry. This is what happens when you give an old person technology. Mind you I'm not as old now as I will be tomorrow. Chances are I won't even be able to turn the fucking thing on tomorrow.)

1 comment:

  1. this is very funny. both men having a bad day with classic girl problems - love and wardrobe! but thank god for the bubbles. We may not be able to spell IT but think of the wisdom comin out our ears ! HAPPY BIRTHDAY brilliant one Dedex

    ReplyDelete